CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, March 24, 2012

Rainforest Week #1

This week we started our rainforest unit (One of my favorites!).
We started talking about the layers of the rainforest and the children made their own trees, labeled the layers and put the animals in the appropriate place.
We talked about mammals that live in the rainforest such as monkeys and elephants.
Then we talked about lizards and snakes.
The children painted lizards and completed a graph about whether they thought snakes were cool or creepy.
On friday, we talked about alligators and crocodiles. The kids wrote facts about alligators and we made alligator pie! (Thanks Mrs. Jump for the idea!)
More to come next week!
Check out my rainforest unit plan on Teachers Pay Teachers.



3 comments:

vicky1970

Hi Jessica - cute blog...I just found you and am your newest follower. I have some rainforest crafts on my website you might like http://www.vickymoore2.com
also I started blogging in Feb. so if you visit me in about a month I will have tons more on my blog when we start the rainforest. So much fun blogging and sharing. I love your pics. :o)
Vicky
Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

Judy

Hi Jessica,
I found you off of TPT because I needed a rainforest unit. Thank you for making my life a tad bit easier! I will be purchasing it soon! I'm also your newest follower.

Judy
Teaching Little Apples

Jessica Rosace

Vicky- Thanks for following! I will definitely check out your blog!

Judy- Glad I can help :) Thanks for following!

Post a Comment